Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Officially 3 weeks in IRAQ

I think I am finally ready for the night shift... I went to sleep at 2pm and got up at 7 for some stupid meeting and then went back to sleep at 10-11:30. So I shouldn't be to bad off this evening like I was yesterday. Man in all my mental preparations for the coming here 30 degree weather wasn't a thought in my mind. But hey it gets cold in the desert as well. Not so bad tonight like it was the past 2 nights, but its still a lil nippy. Thank you very much E for the hoodies they are coming in real handy, I particularly like the Black one (wink ).

Some times I wake up and can't really believe that Im here in Baghdad. I mean its like a dream and its the same thing everyday. I think part of that has to do with the fact that I'm never see the terrible things that are going on so it seems so surreal to me. I haven't been watching the new so I know less of whats going on than when I did in the states. Well sorta I have the events unfolding as they happen, but the news is a lot more detailed than the information we are getting.

I bought a 29inch TV and DVD player to help pass the time. The only problem is since we have such close quarters I'm not as able to enjoy it the way it was meant to. I miss my family and friends a lot. I am talking to my Niece NiNi via IM right now and it is really good to hear from her. She keeps putting the smiley faces on the message and they are funny. I cant get them to paste so I cant show you, but they are funny. I have my camera (thanks again to my lovely wife) so you should see a lot more pictures in the coming weeks. I would really like for everyone to take the time to email me or post a comment when you get a chance. Again helps pass the time and in a way makes me feel safe and supported (even if you are against me coming here). I have work to do (not really( so I'm gonna talk to all you lovely peeps later.

One Love

K3


No comments: