Sunday, January 30, 2005

Full Balanced Meal

Well today is the 30th and I only have one more day of 3rd, as of the first I will be working from 4-12. I actually look forward to the new change it seems that sleep is not the easiest thing to get in the day in a co-op such as this one. I really can't complain, because I'm usually not on the receiving end, but rather the one waking someone up. Don't get me wrong I am a little perturbed, but all is well, right as rain some would say.

The chow halls were closed today after breakfast this morning and won't be open again until the 1st or the second. I didn't mind much, because for the past couple of weeks I have been stockpiling food from the PX (Post Exchange). Basically a Walgreens or what Walmart would look like if one was here in Baghdad. Not a bad selection to be honest one thing is for sure they have a lot of DVD's. Which is understandable, because the troops have to stay entertained some how.

At any rate this gave me a chance to try a MRE (Meal Ready-to-Eat) which is a basic military ration. They actually have a very large selection of items and from what I understand will last longer than Twinkies (which is said to be 200 years). I had Meal # 2 of 34 which happens to be boneless porkchop with noodles in Jamaican sauce, crackers, cinnamon apples (I really didn't know until I opened the package honest), a package of jalapeno cheese, and a vanilla milkshake. In all honesty I was surprised how good the meal was. The meal also had a heating pack and all you had to do is add water and 10-15 minutes later your eating out of a foil bag. Interesting enough is that it also came with tobasco sauce, chiclets gum and sugar. Tonight I will be having Meal # 5 which is Grilled chicken, but enuf about my exciting life tell me about yours and leave out what you had for dinner it makes me miss home more than you know.

Haiku # 1

Love em and leave em
not my philosophy, but someone's
I will agree to disagree


KP

No comments: