Thursday, January 06, 2005

Not The Only Brother Here

Well the Black population just got a boost here at our complex. Got a brother from DC just dropped in yesterday. He is 35, married and use to work at Nextel in the DC Area. He hoops and that is definitely a good thing, because I think I am putting on some weight. I also sent in a couple of resumes' of a friend of mine and his buddy to the company that hired me. I am told that they should get them processed and shipped out here in a month or 2. So we will be representin the AA (African American) society as a whole.

Now the next paragraph I am going to stress the importance (yet again) that what you see on TV is NOT a true representation of our situation. Please take what your see and hear (terrible tragedies that they are) with a grain of salt. I will not lie to you it is like The Wild West over here. But I am not a cowboy or a gunslinger and I don't plan on gettin into any gunfights. I will do everything that is necessary to stay safe. I did not come here as a target I came here as person looking to make a difference where I can. I guess you can say I'm putting my stamp on the world (Iraq that is).

The reason I bring this up is, because the elections are coming up and things are getting worse. Unfortunately (fortunately for me) the focus of the terrorist attacks have been on the Iraqi people. So the focus has shifted from the U.S. to the people trying to make something of their desert land. And it will be this way for the next month or so. And after that things should calm down drastically. I will be in my little cubby hole from home to work from point A to B. If you are dreadfully concerned you can contact my wife and she can update you if I have not. That's if you are pulling your hair out and just gotta talk to someone, but please don't call her everyday asking "Have you talk to K today". Don't annoy her she is just as worried as you are with me being over here.

So with that being said Goodnite I love you sleep well and don't worry bout me I'm holdin it down.

I love you E.

One
K3

No comments: