Monday, December 27, 2004

Week Coming to an End

First off I'd like to make a comment based on my wife's comment: "Look for your gift when your care package arrives."

The only thing I CARE to see is you so unless you plan on packing yourself in a crate it will just be another PACKAGE.

Mic has asked me to be a little more detailed in my bolg. Well this is very hard to do, cause I have to watch what I say given the situation. But I will try none the less. I live and work in a complex that is about half the size of a Walmart parking lot. With a total of about 30 individuals living, sleeping, eating, working, bathing, and anything else you can think of in this one complex. Now I work in the switch which is 20 feet from the main building and is only about the size of a small trailer. Its only enough room for 2 people (comfortably). The living quarters are Transportation trailers like you see on the back of semi-trucks. Only that are about half the size and are furnished with drywall and electricity. The restroom and shower is also made from these wonderful conX's (what they call them don't ask me what it means I haven't asked yet). Although we can eat here and sometimes do we generally eat in the mess hall with the GI's.

Now I can tell you for me that I am honored to be able to dine with those that defend our country and have no choice to be here, because for them its a way of life, its their job. Now the food isn't all that bad and there is always Pizza Hut and Burger King if I get tired of the regular routine. The mess hall is basically a buffet line with pretty much the same thing everyday. There are exceptions from time to time, but not often enough. The basic food that are a daily routine are as follows: burgers, hot dogs, grilled cheese, potato wedges, and Philly cheese steak. Not exactly what you call a balanced meal. There is a salad bar and ice cream bar, but of the 2 which one do you think I visit more often...

Well I'd like to thank the 3 people that posted on my blog on Christmas it meant a lot to me under the circumstances.

Just another day in Baghdad Love ya.

K3

No comments: