Saturday, December 25, 2004

Day 2 In IRAQ

OK let me start off by saying that if I frightened anyone with my last post I apologize I didn't mean to. I thought everyone was clear what I was doing and what might happen along the way. Let me say this to help comfort some people. Our complex has never been under attack, and no one within the group I am with has ever been hurt, harmed or maimed. The people that are attacking the US forces and the Iraqi people are NOT from Iraq.

Several of the people I have meet over the past week have been in Iraq for at least 6 months if not more. Contrary to belief there are a large number of African American (blacks) here. Of the 4 roommates I had in Kuwait 2 were black (That's half just so you know). And as a matter of fact most of them have families as well. I would like to take this time to thank those that supported me from the beginning regardless of their own motives and feelings. Especially my wife, to whom I would not have gone if she gave the word. The one thing that sticks with me that she said was; regardless if she wanted to say "no don't go", she couldn't bring herself to keep me from doing what SHE knew in her heart was what I wanted to do. Personally I don't think I even could have been that selfless if she asked me to. Just another thing that I admire and love about my wife.

Things have been very interesting, but I am sooooo tired so I will have to set aside some time tomorrow to post the things I have seen and done.

MERRY CHRISTMAS

I love you all,
Kenley

No comments: