Saturday, December 25, 2004

I never in my wildest dreams thought that I would be in another country away from my wife for Christmas. But here I am 9 time zones away mid afternoon, and she is barely waking up for the Christmas Day. I am well aware of my choice to be here, but it was with the proposed Idea that I would be here a month from now. With that being said I'm sorry for some of my poor choices Erica and for not spending the multitude of my time with you for my last days in the States.

One other thing and I won't mention it again. I am very aware of those that were against me coming here and I acknowledge that. This blog's #1 goal is to keep you informed of my situation and aware of my safety. However it is also possible for those that wish to post your comments and or email me if only to say hello. I am 7235 miles from Dallas Texas and it is a comfort as well as a joy to read what people are saying. So take a lil time out of your schedule if you please and drop me a line and in return I will do the same. If you have a microphone and or webcam then you can also show your face and talk to me. I am in the process of getting a mic as well as a webcam so that I too can show my wonderful face to all my loved ones. At any rate what joy it would be to have postings from my loved ones for Christmas. Would probably be one of the best gifts I have ever had.

Not too much going on here really, but a little rain. I had a nice Christmas Lunch with the troops today. I had turkey, a little ham, some mashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes and in all honesty it wasn't bad. Santa came took pictures with some people and handed out candy canes. The overall feeling I got in the room wasn't one of sorrow like I expected. Actually most of the troops seemed in good spirit and in return put me in good spirit. A couple of generals came in and shook hands and took pictures with the troops as well.

After the meal I came back and started to do what will be my main job for my stay. Simply to monitor the switch for my shift and put out any fires (virtual not real ones) that may come up during my shift. The future expansion that is projected is colossal. At present we have around 20 people in our camp and I am told that number will double within 6 months. I also got to drive the Bobcat today during our inventory. That one more thing I can check off my list babe (Drive forklift check). Well thats pretty much my day for today we are going to go to dinner now so drop me a line send an email say hello.

Love comin from Baghdad.
Love ya
K3




Christmas in Baghdad 2004 Posted by Hello

No comments: