Sunday, December 19, 2004

The Plane That I Didn't Catch

I was visiting the DC area this afternoon before I caught my flight this evening. Man traffic here is a mess compared to anywhere I have been. Even worse than LA during a Laker game. Well maybe not that bad, but it was bad enuf for me to walk a couple of miles. I didn't check out early like I was expecting to so I only had a couple of hours to walk around.

Anyway I got to see the Lincoln Memorial and I have to say that I rather enjoyed it. Being from Illinois I have a lil pride when it comes to ole Abe. I definitly think a visit to DC is something everyone should do at least once in thier life. The squirrels in the park come right up to you and take food from you hands. I also took a walk down to the Vietnam memorial as well as the World War II memorial. It definitely gave me some perspective for what our armed forces have done and continue to do.

Well anyway after my little walk thru the history of our great nation I headed to the Airport with pleanty of time to catch my flight. Well first off I went the wrong way and ran into some traffic, TRAFFIC on a Saturday... Are you kiddin me... Well anyway after gettnig turned around and heading in the right direction I made it to the car rental place with 50 til flight departure. which you would think is pleanty of time, but this is an international flight. And your suppose to be there 2 hours before departure time. I got to the ticket counter and was told that the gate was closed already. So not only did I miss my flight, but there aren't any more till tomorrow. So I got a room close to the airport and I plan on being there 4 hours before my flight leaves.

So I'll holla at ya in the morrow

Love em or Leave em
But dont do it if your heart ain't in It.

One
KP

No comments: