Saturday, June 25, 2005

Military Police and 3 on 3

Well this one is short and sweet, but yesterday I was driving to the base and generally no one really pay attention to the signs as far as speed goes. Never really been an issue and there really hasn't been anyone to monitor it. Well that has changed and as of late and the military police have been patrolling the area. Still haven't seen them pull anyone over or anything like that, until yesterday when I was pulled over. I just thought to myself how funny it really was to get pulled over in Baghdad by the MP's. He asked me for my drivers license, which I found interesting because I don't think anyone here carries the drivers license, which all I had was my DOD card and I handed it to him. So he said just do me a favor and slow down and that was it. Now I firmly believe that that rules have to be set and we must abide by them, but in the grand scheme of things I was thinking that was the least of my worries. But it was a lesson learned and I moved on.

Now where I was going and what I was doing was trying to secure our spot on the basketball tournament they had at the base. One of our security personnel, who I have grown to kinda like J/K he's a good guy, wanted us to play in this tournament and gave us the dates and I made sure I had the time off work so that I could do it. Well the day before game day he hurt his back and wasn't able to play which left us with only 2 players (myself and another guy). There is a security guard that shoots around with us from time to time at the camp, but he never played any games with us. Well we asked him and he accepted, but what we didn't know is he has never played in a team scenario. Well it showed and we ended up losing our first game and thus were eliminated. We didn't lose that bad, but it was a team we could have beat. The third guy is from Nepal and he just wasn't understanding what we wanted him to do, so a lot of times he would leave his man open and they would take advantage of it. Me and the other guy kinda held our own, but we could have done better. None the less it was fun and I got a pretty good workout so I wont complain. With all the people that have left here the ones I use to play ball with are on that list. Well it is what it is...

K.O.

Love Always

No comments: