Sunday, May 15, 2005

Day 114 in Iraq

Wow when I think of it like that it really seems like a long time. One third or a year in this country can make you appreciate the finer things in life that's for sure. It has a way of also showing you what can be worse than what you are use to. I will always remain certain that it was a blessing from GOD to be here. Although I will admit that I am starting to feel the strain of time. Most people look forward to the New Year and never want it to end and when it does they can't wait for the new one to begin. I'm not really looking forward toward anything in this year. I have no high hopes for something spectacular or amazing just the hope that my future will be secure whatever it may be.

What may be...

That's funny I said that, because just the other night I can remember dreaming about the song "Que sera, sera" and I found myself wondering why I had that dream. I brushed it off till this very moment when unconsciously I made that comment.

Anyway I often have dreams that I find interesting and for me I always think that there is a hidden meaning in all of it. Some times (like now for instance) I will remind myself of something, some times its just that a dream. Enough of me trying to find meaning to my R.E.M. state.

Had a very good visit from what I would consider that last good friend that I have here. There are a few that I deal with, but for the most part have nothing more in common with them than movies and computer problems (in which they wish me to fix). Which is fine with me since they happen to be the 2 things I can enjoy all the time. He brought up the fact that there doesn't seem to be a very good screening process in the selection of personnel. I will admit that the one thing that I have had in common with most of the people here is being unemployed. That isn't saying much considering that Telecomm in general took one of the biggest hits in the last couple of years. None the less you begin to wonder if there is a trend, and in my case I hope not. To think that I might have something in common with some of these people other than unfortunate lack of employment worries me. Not really cause other than that we have absolutely nothing else in common that I don't wich to have in common with them. Other than movies and computer problems. (ha ha)

We will just say I am one exception to the rule and leave it at that. (because these people are nuts)

Peace and Chicken grease (As Tiny use to say, man I miss that guy)

One

K

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So, who's Tiny??? I am at the end of my night with about an hour to go. But, it's been a long one. Can't wait until 2300....Luv ya!!