Friday, March 25, 2005

Home Again... Yee Haw...

Well its almost 5 in the morning on the 25th and I am very excited to be back. I was a little restless at first adjusting to my surroundings and felt very out of place, but I have gotten use to it now. The funny thing is I have already begun to appreciate everything that I didn't before. While we were driving to breakfast the other day I found myself staring into space many times just looking at the trees and grass you know little stupid stuff. I didn't sleep well the night before, but I am well rested now and set to go, wait a minute its 5 am oh ya, uh let me go back to bed and Ill get cheery again in a few hours.

Mrs. Dubs has done a lot to make my homecoming very comfortable and I thank her for it dearly. I can't say I express my gratitude to her as well as I would like, but what can I say we're married :). E and I went to dinner with our best friends last night and their 2 daughters (my nieces) and with the exception of the noisy people (Was at Cheddars on 635) I had a good time. The one thing that let me know is I haven't fully adjusted yet, but I am sure that will pass soon enough. So we came back home and chatted for a bit and I showed them some things I brought back from Baghdad. After that I laid down and crashed hard. I look forward to everyday here and am very thankful to be back safe and sound. I will admit I do find myself still not being very trusting of my surroundings and that worries me a bit. I keep looking for garbage trucks (small joke).

I think its just like when I first got to Baghdad it just doesn't seem real. That feeling faded soon enough and hopefully it will here too. Well I am going to try and lay down for a bit more since E is still in La La land. Lots to do so little time I WILL make the most of it. BTW C-land your XBoX looks great Mrs. Dubs helped me pick out a good color, so you owe her big time....

Love ya

Holla

K3

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you are home and safe.It wont take long and you will feellike you used to.Thanks to Erica for making your homecoming nice.Take care. see you soon
.

Rob "Bamm-Bamm" Ervin said...

Four words: Holla At 'Cha Boy.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Kenley. I hope to talk to you soon.

Luv ya